After seeing Brians amazing azaleas, I hoped that showing mine would cause lots of discussion. (Like how to get from here to there.) I am new to all bonsai, see this is what I was thinking...
1) See if I could keep azaleas alive over the winter... check. (and there are new buds everywhere!)
2) See if I could do it while in a bonsai pot... check.
3) Next year I will put them back in a big pot to try to grow a nice trunk (the bases on my two are pretty strong. I dug them out after my big azalea bush sent some branches underground - free roots!)
4) I think I am doing well with watering, but I am still getting leaves that are turning yellow and black (dead center on first picture). Any ideas why?
5) Any and all critiques are welcome. Like I said, I am very new to this, and just keeping them alive was a big step for me.
Thank you for looking.